HSE's Management Standards represent a set of conditions that, if present:
- demonstrate good practice through a step-by-step risk assessment approach
- allow assessment of the current situation using pre-existing data, surveys and other techniques
- promote active discussion and working in partnership with employees and their representatives, to help decide on practical improvements that can be made
- help simplify risk assessment for work-related stress by:
- identifying the main risk factors
- helping employers focus on the underlying causes and their prevention
- providing a yardstick by which organisations can gauge their performance in tackling the key causes of stress
They cover six key areas of work design that, if not properly managed, are associated with poor health, lower productivity and increased accident and sickness absence rates. The Management Standards are:
- Demands – this includes issues such as workload, work patterns and the work environment
- Control – how much say the person has in the way they do their work
- Support – this includes the encouragement, sponsorship and resources provided by the organisation, line management and colleagues
- Relationships – this includes promoting positive working to avoid conflict and dealing with unacceptable behaviour
- Role – whether people understand their role within the organisation and whether the organisation ensures that they do not have conflicting roles
- Change – how organisational change (large or small) is managed and communicated in the organisation
To effectively implement the Management Standards approach it is essential that you ensure the resource, support and infrastructure for the project is in place in your organisation. For advice on doing this go to Before you start.
The implementation process detailed here is supported by a workbook which provides tips, сделать advice and guidance from people who have gone through the process. It includes a selection of checklists to allow you to be sure that each step has been achieved before you move on.
You can print this workbook free of charge and use it to develop your approach; the completed document can be retained as evidence of what you have done should an inspector need it.
The workbook will also be useful to organisations choosing to use an alternative approach, and provides advice on ensuring their approach is suitably equivalent – many of the practical solutions may also be applicable.
RigPix Database - Icom - IC-7800
Лечение артроза плеча в домашних условиях
Как сделан электровоз
Как выгнать качественный самогон в домашних условиях
Физические лица самостоятельно уплачивающие страховые взносы
Сделай сам своими руками из бумаги поделки
Как сделать мишку из цветов пошагово